FREQUENTLY ASKED Q'S
We want you to find the perfect aletheia & phos piece for yourself, your boyfriend, brother, best friend or lover. If you have a question about an item please get in touch before you purchase, email our customer care team at email@example.com. We're always happy to help.
Please double check all measurements, read descriptions and view product images before you purchase. Placing an order with aletheia & phos means you agree to our terms and conditions, including our terms of service. Each aletheia & phos piece is hand made and certified by the Responsible Jewellery Council. Our luxury packaging is carbon neutral and all marketing materials are made from paper that's 100% post-consumer waste, FSC Certified and 100% carbon neutral.
All aletheia & phos jewellery is cleansed before shipping to you with love.
HOW CAN I PAY FOR MY ORDER?
IS MY PAYMENT SECURE?
Yes. Our store is hosted on Shopify Inc. They provide us with the online e-commerce platform that allows us to sell our jewellery to you. Your credit card information is encrypted using SSL and stored with a AES-256 encryption. Once you've placed your order, your purchase transaction information is deleted.
WHAT CURRENCY DO YOU ACCEPT?
All prices listed on our website are in USD. You will be charged in USD when making payment.
You can choose to view pricing in the following currencies for ease of conversion; USD, CAD, EUR, GBP and YEN using our currency selector. Once you reach the checkout prices will revert back to USD.
HOW SHOULD I TAKE CARE OF MY JEWELLERY?
Crystals are a natural occurrence in nature. They're delicate and need to be handled with TLC.
- Dropping, tapping or knocking your jewellery on hard surfaces can damage your gemstone.
- Opals require special care, read further info here.
- Contact with water, humidity or any other liquid will cause crystal opals to lose their colour.
- To protect your jewellery store it separately in the aletheia & phos gift box provided.
- To keep your silver, gold or rose gold plated jewellery in the best condition possible, keep it away from water, salt water, chlorine, perfumes, make-up, fake tan, hairspray, cleaning products, lotions, oils and any oxidising agents (like hair dye; peroxide).
- Remove jewellery before swimming, showering or having a bubble bath.
- Do not wear your jewellery at the gym, yoga, while running, at your boxing class or any other activity. Sweat is a complex, natural thing (that contains sodium, potassium, calcium, magnesium, fatty acids and much more) and it can speed up oxidisation.
- Always remove your jewellery before you go to sleep.
- Be careful dressing and undressing, remove jewellery first and put it on last.
- To clean your jewellery gently polish with a soft cloth. Do not use any cleaning products. A soft cloth and gentle touch is all you need.
- Just like us jewellery doesn't like extreme heat, direct sunlight or humid environments. These conditions can cause jewellery to tarnish or oxidise more rapidly.
HOW SHOULD I TAKE CARE OF MY CONNECTOR BRACELETS?
Connector bracelets refer to any crystal or metal charm threaded on a black cord. Your Connector bracelet can be worn all day every day, but you still need to take care of it.
- To maximise the life of your Connector bracelet, make sure it's not snagged or caught on clothing or other jewellery.
- Connector bracelets should be put on once, adjusted to size and left on. Don't take it on and off. This will maximise the life of the cord on your Connector bracelet.
- Connector bracelets are OK in water - you can shower or go for a swim with your bracelet on, as long as you don't come into contact with harsh chemicals or highly chlorinated water.
- To keep your Connector hearts and crystals in the best condition possible, keep them away from cleaning products, lotions, oils and any oxidising agents (like hair dye; peroxide).
CAN YOU TELL ME MORE ABOUT THE CRYSTALS AND GEMSTONES YOU USE?
Each stone used in our jewellery is hand selected.
aletheia & phos only use natural stones.
Each stone is one of a kind.
We do not use synthetic stones.
We do not use dyed stones.
We do not use heated or treated stones.
All colours and inclusions are natural.
All aletheia & phos stones are sourced ethically, conflict free and individually hand picked for their size, colour, clarity, shape and unique inclusions.
We do our best to accurately represent the natural colour and quality of crystals and gemstones used in our jewellery. The colour and clarity of the stone(s) you receive may vary from the image on our website. We cannot guarantee your stone will be the exactly same as the image online, we do guarantee all stones selected are the same grade. If you have a specific request, please email us before you purchase so we can help.
HOW CAN I TRACK MY ORDER?
Once your order has been processed you'll receive an email with your shipping confirmation details. Your tracking number will be included in this email. **Tracking information can take 1-2 business days to become available from the shipper.
We process orders as quickly as possible, usually within 1-2 business days.
Under $199 USD
$9.95 flat rate
DHL Global Mail
Estimated delivery time 7-12 business days
$199 USD and above
DHL Global Mail
Estimated delivery time 7-12 business days
***All international duties and taxes incurred on arrival are the customers responsibility. Charges for duties and taxes will vary based on your country's import tax law. We highly recommend you check this prior to making a purchase.
I MADE A MISTAKE WITH MY SHIPPING ADDRESS. HELP!
If you notice an error in your shipping address please email us ASAP. In most cases we can amend your shipping address, however once pickup is arranged with the carrier we're unable to make changes.
MY ORDER STILL ISN'T HERE. WHAT SHOULD I DO?
If you haven't received your order please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org . We'll contact the shipping provider on your behalf and do our best to get your order back on track ASAP.
Customs inspections can sometimes delay delivery. Also, if you're not home to accept your delivery, it's most likely waiting for you at your local post office.
On the rare occasion your order is missing in the global-mail-vortex, aletheia & phos will lodge an investigation with the shipping provider. If an order is declared lost by the shipping provider, aletheia & phos will replace your item free of charge.
The shipping guarantee does not include the following countries: Mexico, South Africa, Brazil, Russia, China and Chile.
MY ORDER WAS RETURNED TO SENDER - WHY?
There are various reasons for an order being returned to us. Your address may have been input incorrectly, you might not have been home, it could have been waiting for you at the post office for too long.
To avoid orders being returned to us, please make sure you enter your shipping address correctly. aletheia & phos are not responsible for orders not being delivered due to incorrect delivery address.
Please track your order regularly and be aware of estimated delivery times.
aletheia & phos are not responsible for orders returned to sender if you're not home, or if you haven't collected it from your local post office.
Undelivered orders returned to aletheia & phos can be re-shipped at standard shipping rates. Items lost or damaged on the journey back to aletheia & phos will be treated as a non-return.
I CHANGED MY MIND. CAN I RETURN MY JEWELLERY?
All product information is listed in the item description, so please choose your jewels carefully as we don't refund or exchange due to change of mind or incorrect sizing.
If you're unsure of your ring size, check our ring size guide here. If you're still unsure we recommend you visit a jeweller to confirm this for you.
Wear and tear over time is normal & not considered a fault.
We only use natural stones, so your crystal may vary in colour and clarity from the image on our website (see CRYSTALS AND GEMSTONES above). We don't accept returns or exchanges on this basis. If you have a specific request, please send us an email.
Dropping, tapping or knocking your jewellery on hard surfaces can damage your crystal. We don't accept returns or exchanges on this basis.
Our crystals can have natural inclusions, natural internal fractures and natural uneven surfaces. This is what makes your jewellery unique and individual. We don't accept returns or exchanges on this basis.
All earrings and nose rings are final sale.
WHAT SHOULD I DO IF I RECEIVED A DEFECTIVE PRODUCT?
If you feel as though the product you received is defective, please send us a clear photo and brief explanation of the defect to email@example.com so we can look into it right away.
You'll receive a Return Authorisation Number that must be noted with the item you are returning along with return address details.
Return postage will be reimbursed up to the original amount paid only.
a&p reserves the right to inspect an item upon return before granting an exchange. Returns found to be faulty due to lack of care and mistreatment will not be granted an exchange. Shipping costs to return your item will be at your expense.
OMG I HAVE TO HAVE IT (A.K.A PRE-ORDERS)
All styles available for pre-order will note the expected into-store date. This date is subject to change due to any unforeseen circumstances. If your delivery is delayed, aletheia & phos will notify you via email to advise the new delivery date.